#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. This year, #GivingTuesday falls on November 28. #GivingTuesday harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season. It inspires people to take collective action to improve their communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they believe in, and help create a better world. #GivingTuesday demonstrates how every act of generosity counts, and that they mean even more when we give together.
The McKenzie Community Development Corporation is organizing an annual community-wide fundraising campaign around #GivingTuesday – McKenzie River Gives, a 24-hour period where citizens give back to the local organizations that work year round for the community. We as individuals are the major force in giving to our communities. In 2016 of the $390.05 billion contributed to nonprofit organizations in the USA, individuals gave 72% of the total.
Currently, participating groups and organizations in McKenzie River Gives include:
- McKenzie CDC – Click here to give.
- O’Brien Memorial Library/Blue River Library
- Leaburg Library
- Vida McKenzie Community Center
- Upper McKenzie Community Center
- McKenzie River Clinic
- McKenzie Valley Presbyterian Church
- McKenzie River Community School
- McKenzie River Regional Leadership Team for 90by30 – Click here to give. To designate your donation to the McKenzie team, include additional gift instructions for the donation using the form.
- McKenzie Watershed Council
On November 28, join us at the Leaburg Training Center to donate to these McKenzie organizations! Can’t make it to the event? Consider donating through our local organization’s online platforms (information will be added here as we gather it from organizations).
Contact Ashley Adelman, Executive Director with the McKenzie Community Development Corporation at email@example.com or 541-854-0210 with any questions.